RESOURCES & INSIGHTS
What is OSHA?
December 2, 2021
OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA provides workers the Right to…
- A safe and healthful workplace – no worker shall be placed in an unsafe working environment
- Know about hazardous conditions – employees have the right to know about hazardous conditions in a workplace and how to protect themselves from those hazards.
- Know about injuries and illnesses in the workplace – employees can request information regarding the types of injuries and illnesses sustained at a workplace.
- Training as provided in the OSHA standard – all employees shall be trained in general and site-specific training pertaining to the job duties.
- File a complaint to OSHA – all employees have the right to file a complaint with OSHA regarding the workplace.
- Participate in an OSHA inspection – all employees in the workplace can participate in an OSHA inspection.
- Be free from retaliation for exercising safety and health rights – Employees will be free from retaliation from the employer for exercising the workers’ rights under OSHA
For more information, visit https://www.osha.gov/aboutosha